Good Evening 🙂
How is everyone today? Sadly I’ve not had a good day at work but hopefully tomorrow will be a new and better day. 🙂
Last night I decided to have another go at making some soap for my blog post today. For these soaps I tried something new and added colour dye to one of them and some lavender into the other as you can see in the pictures. Due to my new flat kitchen being quite small I don’t have room for a microwave so like with candles I melted the melt and pour in boiling hot water. It worked but it took longer to melt than it would in the microwave, it probably didn’t help that I didn’t cut the melt and pour into smaller blocks.
I think they look okay, they didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted. With the orange one I wanted half clear and half orange but it sort of mixed together and with the lavander I wanted it to go through out the whole soap but they sort of floated to the top. But oh well that’s what learning new hobbies is all about, trial and error. 🙂
I think once I’ve used up all the melt and pour I might try making soap from stratch with oils. 🙂 I’m definitely going to keep on experimenting and making soap.